Discussion: need a guide to starting night shadow class....Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

LordShadow89
need a guide to starting night shadow class....
Apr 13 2010, 5:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 13 2010, 5:00 AM EDT
i love NS skill and how is it look likes... but i realy wanna know..im put all the stat point to my inti and none at others...hem...but is it the right way to put it in dex? and how is yur nS when u go to pvp...u can win others character about high lvl or same lvl with u? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
5fingers
5fingers
1. RE: need a guide to starting night shadow class....
Apr 13 2010, 3:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 13 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
There are two tactics to placing stat points on the NS. One if you have ap and for the players who never have ap.

Having ap you can buy hp and mp pot boosters now. You can afford the mp and hp stealers too. So I use the mp stealers all the time, so no use of me putting a stat point in intelligence. Because I use the HP boosters, again no need of adding a stat point to the constitution. Therefore, I would put them all on dexterity.

Now if you are that rare player that never uses stealers or boosters, then you would have to divide stat points on the constituion, intelligience and dexterity. But I think this person is non existant. He can sell and get mp and hp stealers.

One person said, at highler levels the NS will be a bad fighter now. I have not developed mine so I do not know now. Just like people swear by Titans, knights, sorcs, etc. Just depends on what you like, how you use it, and how much money you have. If you have the money you can buy ap, therefore buying medicines therefore you are able to survive longer now, with instant healing that the medicine does.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
viciousnugget
viciousnugget
2. RE: need a guide to starting night shadow class....
Apr 14 2010, 10:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2010, 10:29 AM EDT
"i love NS skill and how is it look likes... but i realy wanna know..im put all the stat point to my inti and none at others...hem...but is it the right way to put it in dex? and how is yur nS when u go to pvp...u can win others character about high lvl or same lvl with u?"
I have tried a variety of stat distributions. To me it seems they all work well. Pure intel increases magic offense, dex increases critical and deadly and constitution increases your life and mana pool. It all depends on what accessories or potions you use.

I have put all my points to intel for the damage bonus. I use critical potions so no need for dex there, I use hp and mp stealers so no need for constitution there. If you don't use ap items then by all means a bit of dex and cons will not hurt your character. If you use suction accessories then you shouldn't need constitution.

So far it seems pure intelligence is the best build.

As for PvP, you are a long range magic character so you are not meant to be in close combat with Titans, Knights or Rogues. They hit hard!! On the other hand if you catch them off guard you will most likely kill them. Against magic classes the NS are very strong. They have more magic defense than all other characters so they can take a few hits from people approximately the same level. Higher levels(10+) hit hard and you can't land skills on them. Fortunately the NS crits like a rogue so regular hits work very well.

I have killed a 158 Titan with my 124 Night Shadow. I have screenshots to prove it. : )

I'm 126 NS on Sarissa server. The NS keep getting better and better just be wary. They require much sp farming. This is all just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
Do you find this valuable?    
5fingers
5fingers
3. RE: need a guide to starting night shadow class....
Apr 14 2010, 9:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2010, 9:05 PM EDT
Hea better advice from a NS, then to someone who does not run a NS, is all I can say, LOL. Do you find this valuable?    
viciousnugget
viciousnugget
4. RE: need a guide to starting night shadow class....
Apr 16 2010, 8:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 16 2010, 8:41 AM EDT
"Hea better advice from a NS, then to someone who does not run a NS, is all I can say, LOL."
I don't claim to be any expert on the NS subject. I was stating what I have done and why. I believe on another thread I asked what others were doing for stat distribution. I'm curious to see what other people have done and the reasons why they did it that way. Maybe there is something I haven't thought of or I am overlooking?

I think you gave sound advice in your first post here. Many of the things I said support what you have said. While I do run a NS as my main character. Your advice is not without merit and was well said.

By the way. I can play my night shadow on most monsters without using any potions whatsoever, other than healing and mana pots occassionally, but my accessories are perfect for pve. When I choose to forgo potions I use 20% mana suction, 15% life suction, 90% critical, 58 mana and 58 hp. That is what they all add up to. I have pvp accessories as well. I use these in arena or when I am using potions. I have 2 that I exchange depending on the situation. I run either 56 evax4, 93 hit ratex7, 60% crit or 56 evax7, 93 hit ratex6, 30% crit. When I pve with my pvp accessories I use the higher hit rate because hit rate equates to more damage.

I believe I told you incorrectly a long time ago that hit rate doesn't boost damage but I have since tested and you are very correct there. Hit rate does in fact boost damage of regular hits as well as increase the amount of times you are able to successfully land a hit, thus killing monsters at a faster rate. Granted it's only slightly faster.

If I remove my 93x3 acc I hit for approx 300 less dmg. Over the long haul it adds up but is almost not noticeable in the moment of battle. Hit rate also doesn't seem to affect the success rate of skills landing or missing. Maybe there is a relationship there but the difference is very minor if so.
5fingers
5fingers
5. RE: need a guide to starting night shadow class....
Apr 16 2010, 2:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 16 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
Actually, I find that advice from someone that ACTUALLY plays a NS, is better then someone like me that can just theorize what to do. LOL

Later on, I will plagerize your NS advice (of course, putting it like it was all my own idea, LMAO) in the NS stuff. Then I will continue to be the all knowing, all mighty, jerk, opps, LC boss.

Yea, all the stuff that I say in the wiki, I have tested out. I was surprised that a 93x2 accessory is not better then a ToK. But the good news is that I sold the accessory and made a 100 mill profit. lol Lots of things also, are the same from my D&D days.

Another thing, off the subject slightly. I will now tell all classes like the Royal Knight that at the level 122, he can get the Offence Skill Book, to increase hit damage. At level 126, the RK gets a 30% offense boost on the buff and at L130 it is 40%. So it was like 10 levels, I have been playing without this 40% boost. Do you know how many hours WASTED. lol But learning. So you can imagine, the xp leveling will be faster and faster with each level. And with lag, the sorcerers are still killing me whereas the level 137 Peugeur(whatever the name is) I can survive with no problem as they are physical hitters.

Now that i got some money, i can go buy about 100 more stones. Before was rough, but 100 stones for the aura of defense is about 6 per hour for level 2, and 10 per hour for level 3 skill of Aura of defence. I figure more then enough to get me to L140, I hope, if not then buy a few more,

cya all
toddharris25
toddharris25
6. RE: need a guide to starting night shadow class....
Sep 5 2010, 6:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 5 2010, 6:21 AM EDT
Yeah I am starting a NS and have +'d a few items to +15. Im tring to find a place to sp farm. That will give me more than 1 SP per kill. Now I use PSSP,effort scroll,and SPB on every kill. The best I have found (40k SP per kill) are the Wraith in Lustrum. But they take about 4 to 5 min each to kill. But there has to be a monster I hope, that can give me 2to3 sp and take maybe 60seconds to kill. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking here. If you have time please I need help. Thanks I play on Azura. Do you find this valuable?    
5fingers
5fingers
7. RE: need a guide to starting night shadow class....
Sep 5 2010, 2:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 5 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
FYI, they changed all the xp and sp now so everything is in chaos. It used to be to go to the mob your level for best xp and sp but not no more.

Well if anyone can answer, then good luck. Otherwise, get a pen and pencil and go to the mob list and write down all the mobs, your level and about 5 levels up and try them out one by one. I know it sucks, but well, no better way at the moment. Normally, dungeon mobs should give better sp but try the outside mobs too. Might be a glitch on a mob, and you never know.

No when I cap, I will start the NS toon and THEN i can take notes on level sp and xp, So if you are having problems then hit me up in about 3 months, when i cap, LOL